Monday, November 17, 2008

Sounds of the Season

Heard on NPR that the Salvation Army was going out to start ringing a week earlier this year because they're worried that they can't raise as much money in these economic conditions.

I wasn't surprised then when I saw a ringer at Stop & Shop tonight. What I wasn't expecting was that it would be the Worst. Ringer. Ever. She only rang her bell about 8 times before taking 30 seconds off. I'd say she was mailing it in, but that wouldn't be doing it justice. And its not even Christmas yet, nor is it cold! I'm sure within 5 years the ringing will be handled by friendly money taking robots, but for now, we could use some people with a little pep. I'm just saying is all.

Anyway, I realized, as I shopped (saltines... oranges... fruit cups... granola bars...) that this was (yogurt... milk) a good analogy for how you all feel about my blogging skills these days. And I'm sick of listening to you all moaning and whining, so I'm back. I just can't promise that I won't employ a smarmy money taking robot to write my posts for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment