Monday, September 15, 2008

DC Wrap & The Ensuing Market Madness

Ok, so today is the 2 week anniversary of our return from the DC trip. I figure anything outside of that timeframe, and I'm not even allowed to comment on days 5 & 6. But as all of it is still kind of hazy (margaritas + time = fuzzy memory), I'll just say this:
Day 5 - Like everything else in DC, the zoo was half closed, so we could only half enjoy it. Of course, the fact that it was 180ยบ made us enjoy it half as much as we halfly did. We did a twilight tour of the city that night. This on the other hand was fantastic - we got to see a few monuments again, and also made it to the Jefferson Memorial and the FDR Memorial. Cool stuff at night. The WWII Memorial is VERY cool at night.
Day 6 - We did a tour of Arlington Cemetery on Monday morning. The changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is always cool. We also went to the White House visitors center, which I'm assuming has considerably less security than the actual White House does. Oh, and we went to Old Ebbitt Grill for our end of the trip lunch. It was much more relaxed in there on a holiday, that's for sure! One last note, the Dunkies coffee stand in the terminal at DCA is a pour-your-own, which was legitimately strange. But it was ok, and I really needed some DD after 6 days without.
Anyway, it seems like a year ago since we went. I can't believe its only been two weeks. Oh well. Anyway, a few random thoughts on the state of the world since then.
- Thank you, Apple for IPhone 2.1. Better. Not great, but better. Keep working at it.
- Thank you, Matt Cassel. Thank you.
- What exactly is the point of a zune, and has anyone ever bought one? Just wondering.
- If I have a great fantasy team one week and lose, and a terrible one the next and (potentially, as of writing) win, does it mean anything? Ok, well, don't take that question literally. Of course it means nothing. But its kind of annoying. For me.
- Why do bars have to be loud? I'd be so much more inclined to go if I could hear. Anything. Else.
- And I'm not waiting in lines. I didn't wait in lines in DC, I'm certainly not doing it in a bar that I've already gotten into. Lame.
- I've got a great new idea for a facebook game: a word jumble with all of the ticker symbols of failing banks. LEHBSCAIGMER. I mean, there's gotta be something in there, right?
Anyway, that catches us up. Now I've got to go and get caught up on everyone elses life. I'll be sure to update again when my thoughts are near-expiration.

1 comment:

  1. We are approaching a month now since you've last posted. Just mentioning that. I know people who have been kicked off of MKOs blog roll for less.

    ReplyDelete