Monday, November 24, 2008

Making a list... checking it twice

So I've decided to make a list of things that Obama could do to make me enjoy his presidency a little more than I expect to, I'm hoping something, something will catch on.

- Next year, come November, don't pardon the turkey. In fact, he'd get bonus points if he could get a secret serviceman to shot it on the spot.

- Tell every one that he wants to go old skewl, and then declare war on Russia. Just so we know who the real enemy is.

- Smoke. In public. Like, a lot. How would this not be the highlight of his presidency?

- Declare that he wants to make sure his girls are afforded the same opportunities as every other American child. And then send them to public school. In Baltimore.

- Instead of going against Bush's anti-terror policies, embrace them. Arrest all of the prominent scientologists and send them to Guantanamo. If this doesn't work, execute Tom Cruise, in public, for crimes against humanity.

- Abandon the current bailout plans, and instead set up a $1.2 million bail out of the cottage cheese industry. And then tout the plans success.

More genius ideas to come. Or better yet just leave a few in the comments. I'm sure Ian has a few ideas.

5 comments:

  1. I love it. Especially the cottage cheese. No one helps the little cheese guy

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the not really serious list of things to do, Obama came out in favor of a playoff for college football; I think he should work on that during the transition-there's not much else going on to worry about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, my list was frivolous and such, but if you can't see how the BCS is directly related to national security, then I can't help you. Don't worry, the CIA has already briefed Obama on why we can't go to a tourney set up for college football. Even I know not to mess with the BCS in cyberspace. T. Boone Pickens will come and shove a windmill blade up my... well, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha, your comments got spammed like a two days after you took of your moderation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew, I do have an idea, though I'm stealing it from the first episode of season two of 24. On live television, Obama could tie Tom Cruise to a chair, then whip out a Desert Eagle, put a hole in his chest, and turn to the camera and say, "I need a hacksaw." Then, I'll know everything will be all right.

    ReplyDelete