Saturday, November 22, 2008

Random Musings While Sittling by the FIreplace

It used to be that it was acceptable to send out Christmas catalogs prior to thanksgiving. Now its ok to decorate and put on Christmas carols prior to Thanksgiving. Either were going to start celebrating Christmas in November, or it will be ok for radio stations to play Christmas music 3 weeks before Halloween. I'm not ok with either of those outcomes.

Boston College football isn't the same without Matt Ryan. Atlanta Falcons football isn't the same without Mike Vick. But one of the teams is MUCH improved.

Watch out for those B's... relevance may be in their (distant) future.

It was snowing in Keene today. Not much, but a little bit. Yikes. Fall never lasts long enough.

I think Ian and I will need to keep track of our consecutive Lux wins. I only lost twice this week. I get really mad when I lose. But not as mad as Meghan when she sees me playing it.

I think the new blackberry is lame. I was afraid that if we got the iphone, and if we switched from (the vastly superior) verizon to AT&T, that I may regret it. But blackberry just came out with a touchscreen that requires you to literally push the screen into the phone for it to do anything. Lame. I don't feel stupid. Yet.

Sitting next to the fireplace in the winter (yes, its winter in Keene) is just about as relaxing as the cape in the summer. Too bad it has to be cold outside to enjoy it!

I'm still trying to figure out my ranking of breweries; I still like Sam and Red Hook... but Shipyard has crept into the mix. Luckily I've been able to drop Harpoon... it just doesn't hold up against these guys, even though I still drink it from time to time. Sam is so widespread... but I don't have Red Hook enough... hard to say at this point.

Speaking of Sam, time to go grab one. An early happy Thanksgiving wishes to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment