Thursday, November 8, 2007

With insomnia you're never really asleep, you're never really awake"

I don't have insomnia, no, if I had a pillow right now, I'm pretty sure I would be asleep five seconds ago. But if you've seen fight club, you've seen the look on Ed Norton's face - the blank stare because he can't sleep. Well, I have the same blank stare because I have to be awake.

Work, Class, Work, Work, Class, Work, Class, Work. I haven't slept well since the ALDS. And I haven't even played Halo 3 in a few weeks.

I may not be making much sense, but that's mainly because my body is upright when it wants to be laying down, and it doesn't even care that its only 7 pm. And, Well, I have a microphone, and you don't, SO YOU WILL LISTEN TO EVERY DAMN WORD I HAVE TO SAY!

A few random notes, tidbits, and other various and sundry things about the world:

1. I have never been as ashamed of my poor little car as I was last night, when, in a room of 60+ people, my Financial Modeling professor asked me what type of car I drove, and he made me admit not only that it is a Nissan, but that it is a Sentra. And then he managed to use it as an example for about 10 minutes. But I can't say too much bad about my car, as I'm still relying on it to get me home tonight.

2. For about 5 minutes there in the middle of that last point (or is it the first point? And if it is both, doesn't it make it the infinate point? Eh, don't worry about me, I'll be fine come Saturday.) I completely spaced out. I was lost in whatever my professor was talking about. What is great is that he sounds a lot like George Carlin. It doesn't make the class more exciting, other than that I constantly expect him to go on rant about the 7 words you can't say on TV - or in a classroom.

3. Random sports note that ended up not being a random sports note: On Sunday night, after the Pats came back against the Colts and proved that their the best team probably ever, I found myself wondering if any city has ever had 4 teams from 4 different professional sports each win 2 games within 9 days. It seems unlikely that this would happen, considering that it would have had to have happened at the end of October, and its been just over the past decade or so that the baseball postseason has started ending so late in October.
The Sox won games 3&4 of the World Series (Yay!)
The Pats spanked the 'Skins, and the defeated the Colts
The 2007-2008 NBA Champs Celtics won their first two on the way to being the first team to go 82-0
The B's won earlier in the week, and were closing out my 8 wins in 9 days for the good guys stat, when they lost. In overtime. In a shootout. To the 2007-2008 NHL champs, the Ottawa Senators.

Once again, they failed me. If only it were for the last time.

4. Who wants to play the ARod over/under game? Well set the o/u at 10/325. Not sure yet, but the way things are looking, I'd say I'd take the Under right now.

5. My stats professor just said he likes getting survey phone calls because he may get something interesting he can get from it to use in class. I don't really have a point, other than I think that's great. Its like saying that you like having a pebble in your shoe all day because you can add it to rock collection when you get home.

6. How is this for injustice. I have Monday off for Veterans Day. A three day weekend. And in that time, I have to attend not one (usually on Monday night), but TWO Global Econ classes. Yep, we're having a bonus class on Saturday morning. What's the point of the long weekend exactly?

7. Professor Carlin just went on a rant about voting and election day. The worse vulgarity was "damn", and there was a vague reference to death, but it just wasn't funny or angry. Of course, I still laughed, because everything he said sounded like it should be hilarious.

Ok, one more hour to go in class, and then maybe i can get some sleep. Time to pay attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment