Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Favorite Season...

Its getting to be that time of year again - I first started noticing it when I was longing for tailgating at BC and seeing those Under Armor "click, clack" commercials.


Its not even August yet and I'm already thinking about football.

Let's face it though, summer may be the best time of year, but there is only one best "season" of the year - football season. And really, it encompasses 3 times of year:
1) Training camp is in late July and into August. Hot, hot summer weather. I may love a nice, dark, air conditioned room (from which I am writing right now), but I understand why people enjoy being outside in the sun. I've been known to sit by the pool... once in a while. And while you're not inundated with football (unless you read the Herald or watch NESN), you can't escape it somewhat - the commercials are starting to crop up, and Tom Brady is on the news (and not just for his ability to throw those little footballs with tails...). Isn't knowing that the 90°+ weather will end easier to take when football season is around the corner?
2) The season starts in the still-hot weather of early September, and goes through all of (my favorite season) the Fall.
3) The holidays are intermixed with bowl games and the last few weeks of the NFL season (usually with playoff implications) and then the first few weeks of the cold, bitter winter (that is, if you still live in NE for all you San Diego warm weather wusses) are offset by the playoffs. What can be better?

I have plenty more to write on this subject, but I wanted to get you thinking about football too. And if just reading about it doesn't get you there, I'm pretty sure this visa ad from a couple years ago will:

1 comment:

  1. Hey, it dipped below 60 here recently. We had to pull out the North Face!

    I hope Tommy B. has his head in the game this season, and isn't thinking about being a baby daddy to two different baby momma's!!

    ReplyDelete