Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Cape Weekend

If you haven't noticed by now, I generally don't write too much about what is actually going on with me... mainly because the details are a little too mundane for anyone to have to suffer through. However, I have to say that this weekend is one "to write home about"... its been a very, very good Cape wekeend.
My parents took Meghan and I out to dinner for our anniversary last night, we ended up going to Falmouth Yacht Club and having a really nice dinner, followed by dessert out on the deck, and watching the sunset. I'm pretty sure I couldn't have made better plans for the night, it was awesome.
And it was preceded by a happy hour at the O'Briens house that, as always, provided the correct amount of comedy and entertainment for one night - my dad's fascination with Bill's Blackberry was a particularly great hightlight.

What has made this weekend especially relaxing though has been the chance to sit out on the deck and do my school work - this may sound crazy, but if you had to work on the most boring project ever, I'm pretty sure you would choose to work on it right here too. Ok, so right now I'm writing to you, but that's not the point...
It's 80 degrees with a slight breeze in the shade - I'm playing tunes off of Rhapsody and researching stuff on the net... its really, really great. It makes me really hate the thought of going back to work tomorrow...
Well, that's it... nothing insightful or interesting, just enjoying the weather. I wish you were here to enjoy it with me!

1 comment: