Saturday, June 23, 2007

Random cool stuff for another Friday night

I have a very strong feeling of deja vu... as I was here entertaining you all from this same spot last Friday night... well, I suppose in a technical sense its Saturday morning. Whatever.

Tonight was similar to last week as well because the Sox beat a "San" team... (Diego instead of Francisco). I'm pretty sure it means a whale's fin... San Francisco, that is. We all know what San Diego means, and it doesn't have anything to do with being host to a dirty Canadian.

Well, I've been trying to share this clip for a while, it was the one that I really wanted to post last week but didn't get to because the video wasn't working on youtube. I apologize if you have any technical difficulties with it, but we'll give it a try.
On my list of favorite tv shows of all time, NewsRadio is definitely in the Top-5 (this may have to turn into a future post). You may have guessed that already, but I've been hoping to share some of my favorite scenes on the if'n'when they are available (quite illegally though it may be). The interaction between Dave Foley and Phil Hartman was always classic and this scene really exemplifies how well they worked together... here timid Dave finally seems to have the upper hand versus Bill, and the ending is just awesome.





"This one I like, I keep. This one displeases me..."

That's a short enough clip, but if you have a little more time, I'd suggest this... I've got to say like Peter and the Chicken, I had forgotten why they were fighting, but I'm pretty sure this is the best trilogy since Star Wars (the first one).





Die Hard has nothing on these two. Believe me, you may not realize it right now, but in a few days, you'll be at work, or in class, and you'll realize that that was the best 10 minutes you've spent in a long time, mainly because the entire sequence is running through your head instead of the next lame exercise in your daily life.

Well, that's all I've got for now. Another weekend down at the Cape - my parents are down as well, and I took today off to get some work done... and to get some leisure done too. Laney stopped by, we had a nice little frag fest with Halo, always a good time.

A few things to add/follow-up on:

Ever since voicing my displeasure with the DD iced coffee website, I have not returned to it. Not surprisingly, my odds of winning are still exactly 0.

The Half Way Cafe is supposed to be pretty good... there are a few locations in the greater Boston area. Laney and I went there, and I (the phatom gourmet [sic]) would have to say I don't care to go back. Decent Chicken Parm sandwich, but terrible, soggy, crappy fries, private label soda, and a general lack of reasons to try it again. Still searching for the great place to get a good sandwich nearby.

The Bruins are killing me right now. That's all I have to say about it.

Have a great weekend, and remember, if you can't be good... be safe.

3 comments:

  1. Those two videos were possibly the best thirteen minutes and thirty nine seconds of my life I've ever spent. Doing anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I ought to take offense to that, Ian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, Andrew, yes, we were at that game. It was quite awesome. I swear PETCO park was 60% Boston fans and 40% Padres. Clearly, Red Sox Nation has expanded coast to coast.

    ReplyDelete