Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Things to ramble about on Hump Day when you aren't Humping

Yes, I missed yesterday. It apparently took 4 days before i missed one. And you probably didn't miss anything.
A few random thoughts as that's all i've got:

1) Matt Vallone has an interesting post on his blog about what the Dems should do now that they're in power, a sort of priority list. nhdemocrat.blogspot.com. Cool if you can read PoliGeek. But it makes sense.

2) I hate the MBTA. It can suck me. And I know that 1 million people in the greater boston region feel the same way, so i'm preaching to the choir on this one, but it really does suck. I'm sick of paying $2 a day to park, and then over $125 a month to ride an overcrowded train for 20 minutes each way, when the conductors don't do their job and there are frequent delays. All of this is bad enough without the rate hike, but the rate hike just basically solidifies their positions as the biggest douches in the universe. Well, they're close.

3) If I came off as seeming that I thought I watched some of the best shows on tv with my list the other night, I sincerely apologize, as that was not intended (I don't think I came off that way but i'm covering all my bases). There are some shows that I wish I had gotten in on the ground floor, and instead I don't watch them at all, with the notion that I will watch them on DVD one day. These shows include:
The Office
CSI: (which I'm now two seasons through)
The Sopranos (I've watched about 3 seasons but its a long time ago now)
... among others. I just like the little schedule that I have for shows these days.

4) I have a slight addiction to The Colbert Report right now.

5) I haven't been feeding my coffee addiction this week. And my coffee addiction has been kicking my ass for it.
5a) Back when I worked at Fidelity, Sebastians, the catering business they owned, operated the coffee shopee type thingy there as well as the caf, and it served Seattles Best coffee. For sheer energy the double iced mocha was one of the best ways to get through a long day. Today I was dragging, and I knew that even a turbo iced at Dunkies wouldn't suffice, so I made the ultimate betrayal, I went to starbucks (lacking a Seattles Best stand) and got an (single) iced mocha there. It saved my day and probably my job.
5b) It was good. I feel like Judas.

6) Meghan scored Bruins tickets for tomorrow night. SWEET! I can't wait to go. You'll probably have to listen to me drone on about the Bruins tomorrow (or Friday, if I decide to skip another day...)

7) BC v. Maryland is meaningless this weekend without and Wake Forest L. I never thought that that sentence would be printed, but there it is. I'm now going to slam my head against the desk.

Happy Humping.

No comments:

Post a Comment