Monday, November 13, 2006

Justice Gets Served

So growing up I watched a lot of TV. And I didn't do a lot of homework (my friend Katheryn can attest to this for the first 15 years of my life, and I'm sure anyone that knew me senior year can vouch for at least the second half of the statement...). I probably shouldn't have watched so much TV, so many cartoons, so many TGIF shows, so many "late" nights trying to catch Cheers when I was really young, but I did.
Well, my TV watching has certainly changed over the years. I watch the networks so seldom, I kind of forget that they exist outside of the world of the Simpsons and Family Guy and sports. But they do.
Why do I mention this?
Because I've been watching them again. I've finally remembered them.
Meghan and I don't have HBO (which, after having it for a couple years in Manchvegas, I learned has some of the best programming available), so I've dedicated myself to a few shows. It probably all began when everyone was infatuated with CSI: (and I suppose still are), and I wanted to get in on it; Meghan and I got into Numb3rs on CBS. Thats right, Numb3rs, I'm not ashamed to type it. I love it. Its possibly the best show on television. No, not possibly, it is. And you have to know me, and Numb3rs, to understand that statement.
The next season I devoted myself to Prison Break. I was 2 for 2.
And going WAY back to junior year, I watched quasi-network shows with Meghan like Gilmore Girls (ok, well, not 'like' Gilmore Girls, just Gilmore Girls. She would rope me in for an episode or two). I was roped into the OC and Greys in much the same way - I don't know how, but just watch a couple episodes of any of these and you'll realize there's something to like. Most of the time...
This season, I gave two shows fliers - the absolutely fantastic Studio 60, and the now cancelled Justice.
I'll talk about Studio 60 some other time; it deserves my time and full attention.
Justice is not allotted much of either, except this:

Justice, I will not miss you. I gave you 2 more episodes then Meghan did, and that was 4 too many. You were just plain awful.

This was a show that basically displayed the reason that I hated network tv for so long; no, not being shameless and filthy (that's why I LOATHED network TV for so long), I just hated network tv for being formulaic. Justice was so predictable, and boring, and stupid, I was quite surprised that it didn't get cancelled sooner. Everything about it made me want to like it, and everything about it made me hate it. Goodbye Justice. Forever. I hope i don't see you in Best Buy as "Justice - the Complete Series" - you don't deserve it. Even if one of your main characters was a clone of Ian, or the other way around.

So we're left with:

Monday - Prison Break (My Show), Studio 60 (Meghan & I, usually DVR'ed for being on so late)
Tuesday - Gilmore Girls (Meghan - I'm usually watching the Bruins)
Wednesday - Once Justice, now a midweek void
Thursday - Ugly Betty (Meghan, certainly not me. Not my cup of Spanish Fly), Grey's Anatomy (Meghan's show, my guilty pleasure)
Friday - Numb3rs
Saturday - Come on, I have to party one day a week, right? heh...
Sunday - Simpsons/Family Guy, if I catch it (and I should more often)

Yep, I officially watch network TV again. Just not on Wednesday nights.


I've run over my allotted time by 2 minutes... and its probably cutting into one of my shows, gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment