Sunday, November 12, 2006

Sunday's Not-So-Best

Meghan and I were down in Taunton @ Target today when I got a call I didn't think I would - it was her dad, offering me a ticket to the Pats game today. At 1. It was 11:30. I had to get from Taunton to Canton to Quincy so we could make it to Foxboro in an hour and a half. Well, he might pick me up... but that wasn't the important part...
He has a friend that takes his clients to the Pats games through season tickets, and when the clients back out of a game last minute, he takes Bill. So already the line of succession to getting these tickets is a bit long, but you have to consider that I'm not exactly at the top of Bill's list (rightfully so) - well he got tickets last week too and took Michael (Meghan's brother) and this week he was taking his friend Kevin, but an extra ticket was allocated apparently... so I became the Secretary of Veterans Affairs and the last, least likely person to find themselves in the presidency... or at least going to the Pats game with hella good seats (mind you on a rainy day).
I drove like the dickens to get home. I had to make this game. I haven't been to a Pats game since Foxboro stadium with my brother Paul. I think it was in 95 or 96 (at the latest), dunno exactly when, but it was a long time. I was really excited.
When I got in the door to get ready to go, I got the opposite of "The Call" (when you find out an hour before hand that you are getting tickets), I found out that the client had called back begging to go... Bill, Kevin and I were all out of luck.
From the dry comfort of my own living room Meghan and I got to watch the Pats falter. Again. This is getting annoying. Really, really annoying. I mean losing to the Colts is one thing, losing to the Jets is a whole other. Still, there's the chance we can go 7-1 in the division and 12-4 on the season, and that'd be fine by me. That's playoffs in this league.
But the whole day left a bad taste in my mouth. It sucks when everything is looking up, way up, for just a few minutes, and then the whole day falters. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day.

Grades for this week:

Pats Offense:
Brady C - again he was WAY to inconsistent
Dillon/Maroney B - Solid game, but it didn't go to them enough
Receivers B - Played a decent game, but its not like the old core
O-Line D - They got injured and played poorly, letting too many men through
Defense D - You can't let the Jets play like that against you, not at all
Belichick Dg - his grading is a bit different - G is the best (god), then Dg (demi-god), and L (Lombardi). And Finally dG (not Dg), for Denny Green.

And just in case he ever forgets that he can fall to dG status, "The Jets are who we thought they were, and we let them off the damn hook".

No comments:

Post a Comment