Monday, August 24, 2009

Return of the Vacation Ramblings

Took me 3 days into my vacation to get the internet working here in Falmouth. Meant to start with the usual glut of vacation posts a bit sooner... but alas 2 month old + being on the CTPP (Committee to Plan Parties) + general laziness = very tardy posting.

I'm the last person to jump on the "Lets Trash Brett Farve" bandwagon. Though the entire world seems to be on it, there's still ample room... that's for devising such a fantastic bandwagon, Packers Fans. I'm sure you were just thinking of yourselves and your size 60 waist, 26 inseam pants, but its really quite plush. I assure you I won't be the first one off the bandwagon.

Could someone please explain to me where this Red Sox season is going? Anyone? Bueller?

Over/Under on TB12 TD passes + Moss TD receptions has to be 60, right? And that plus annoyingly awful, infuriating Joe Buck Fox broadcasts has to be 77?

Don't know how I feel about playlist.com. Seems like stealing. As in, it is... but then again it kind of isn't... Lets just call it ambiguously convenient. And no, I'm not listening to Celine Dion...

Most annoying people of my vacation (thus far) - the people that walk into Wal-Mart in Falmouth, MA and complain that everything is "in a different place". That's what happens when a store remodels. I'm sorry. But I don't want to hear about it. I'm already aggravated trying to find what I'm looking for when its half a store away, I don't want to listen to you complaining. I'm managing to find what I need without opening my mouth. Second most annoying: the people at Wal-Mart that decided to remodel a store in the middle of tourist season. You know, instead of January, like any smart person would. Third most annoying (this is more conceptual than anything): the people at Target who still haven't come "on Cape". Honest to Jesus people, its time for a Target in Falmouth. Bulldoze the Wal-Mart (and its annoying shoppers) if you can't find space elsewhere.

Why is it that the Comcast remote will turn the DVD player on and off when I hit "All On", but when I actually try and turn the DVD player on with the remote, or use helpful functions such as "play" or "fast forward" the remote and DVD player pretend like they never met?

My brother-in-law can drive a golf ball straight 300+ yards. My nephews can out-drive me. I can show up at a golf course successfully. We all have our callings. Unless being really good at chip shots out of the woods and losing a ball of the tee box, taking a drop, and losing another ball into a tall (tall) bush count as skills, golf is not my calling.

But I still want to play the Old Course at St. Andrews before I die.

Further to my earlier point about playlist.com, from their "About" page: "We are in the process of building an index of links to music files posted on webpages that meet reasonable criteria as having the legal right to host music files for streaming to end users". Well that makes me feel better.

I'm not entirely sure how I didn't found about quakelive.com sooner. I think you just lost me for the rest of the night. But I promise to keep the internet working for the rest of vacation.

2 comments: