Thursday, July 23, 2009

Turkeylurkey

I realized that I'm fast approaching as many tweets (90) in just a few months, as I am posts (117). As I've never been particularly good at keeping up with either, I don't always enjoy going back into the archives - I usually feel more like a colossal failure than a nostalgic dope (though you can argue I am indeed both). I did find this post rather funny though, in light of recent events (as usual, the video is broken now... damn you corporate America).

The "fambly" will be doing Turkey Day in Keene once again this year, and with the right amount of alcohol and the proper amount of leverage, you mayhaps will get yet another jovial post out of me - unfortunately too much vino and it may not make too much sense. So an updated list is in order:

I'm certainly thankful for a wonderful family, and a healthy one at that. I'll withhold judgment on screaming fits at 2 am, but other than that, 3 is even better than two was (though my proportional ownership in 800 sq. ft. of hell has certainly reduced).

You won't be shocked to hear this, but I'm also thankful that school is over. In retrospect, I don't know how we did it. Ok, to be precise, I don't know how Meghan did it - but I do know that after the torture that is the UMass grad program, she was well equipped for labor and childrearing (if that is a word). I'm half surprised when the nurses commented on how well she did in labor, Meghan didn't just show them her diploma - she'd already been through much worse.

I'm thankful for the creator of the diaper genie. The baby's room smells... not so diapery. Your moderately priced refills are also appreciated.

I'm thankful for Nintendo and its wonderful Wii. Without it this post might be longer, but I have a date with TW10 and a round at TPC Scottsdale. I'm also ecstatic about the new Mario, and I hope Summer will understand that mommy and daddy need special alone time... in order to beat Bowser.

And lastly (for now), I am (still) thankful for you, my faithful following. I know who most of you are, and can guess on a few others ( though some still remain a mystery, and for that reason I don't espouse my views as to why I have a strong preference for New Balance sneakers -- Reebok, you are ok in my book).

Oh, one last thanks - thank you to the ground turkey that was lurking in the freezer tonight - you made a wonderful stirfry, and were the impetus for this retrospective back to 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment