Saturday, November 29, 2008

I'd Make a Decent Lineman...

But unfortunately there are no linemen in 5 on 5 football in Deerfield NH. So I spent part of my afternoon huffing and puffing and trying to cover my brother Philip and brother in law Tony. I'm going to be in some bit of pain tomorrow. The highlight of the day, at least for the Cambridge Girard/Canton Girard/Stratham Girard/Williams team was my brother Michael lofting a pass that was defended well by Tony of the Williams/Greenfield Girard/Stratham Girard team, only as he deflected it, it landed in the unsuspecting hands of my brother Peter - for a touchdown! Sadly, due to a bad call by the ref (my dad, who called Keith in bounds when he was clearly about 10 feet out of bounds), my team ended up losing, 4-3.
I ended up listening to the last part of the 3rd quarter through the end of the BC game on my way home - I can't believe that I started listing to 2o minutes of a football game in Deerfield NH, and the game ended as I was passing through Quincy MA. What a game though. BC's in the ACC championship game next weekend - go Eagles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment