Saturday, May 24, 2008

Return of the Random One-Off Thoughs

I'm all for Bill Simmons going out and doing his own thing... even if he did kind of rip off my joke about the Bill Engvall Show. Don't get me wrong, I love the Worldwide Leader and all but I've never been more into the NBA and more aggravated by the lack of BSG material. If he has to wipe my hard drive due to the spyware that the ads on his own site would create, that's fine. I'll jack the USB port into my wrist and download the virus into my body if I have to.

One of my top ten albums of this decade? The Jay-Z/Linkin Park CD... it should therefore come as no surprise that I'm downright giddy about this new Busta Rhymes song with the guys from LP... even if I'm a month late.



To Meghan's point, if you are over the age of forty, please stay out of the self-check-out lane at the supermarket/target/anywhere-else-there-may-be-one. You don't know how to work it efficiently, you don't know how to work it with any ease or skill, in fact, you just don't know how to work it. You're dealing with people who want to wait for literally nothing, let alone your fat ass figuring out what direction the bill needs to go in to the bill feeder, when in fact it can go in any direction just so long as you aren't a complete idiot (and rest assured if you're having difficulty, you look like a complete idiot trying to use it). Do the rest of us a favor and keep the 17 and under crowd from being unemployed and hit up the 12-items-or-less lane.

I don't get the obsession with cars. I know a lot of people that trip over their own feet at the sight of a "sexy" car... or whatever the kids are calling it these days. I'm so done with this its not even funny. I've never cared about cars beyond which ever is the nicest that I can afford (and I drive a Nissan Sentra, so as you can imagine I don't dream big). There are so many things I want from this life, and a nice Hybrid Lexus or a well appointed Audi may be one of them, but you'll never see me go into full swoon mode over a Saleen or a Maybach, I just don't have it in me. Let's agree to a) agree to disagree on this one, and b) not talk about cars when I'm around. I don't care and if you haven't noticed I'm tuning you out.

Hilary had a point you know. You may not like it, and she shouldn't have said it, but she had a point.

Which reminds me to send you here.

Matt on Kevin Drum on Jonah Goldberg on George Packer. It may make sense if you follow the link, but trust me, you may not care (sorry Matt, I couldn't help myself on that one... but I do generally enjoy your blog and even understand it 20% of the time!)

I do agree with Matt here on the other hand.

One more week until the big work move to Quincy. I think I've finally got a handle on the exact name of this particular stretch of road:

I'm just not saying what it does (but it does sum to 222).
I was thinking about the Pats-Giants Superbowl last night... and when I concentrate on it just for a minute, I realize that I'm still not over it. I'm pretty sure I'm scarred by it, and I know that next season isn't going to be easy to deal with.

2 comments:

  1. She did have a valid point. She should have stopped after she talked about Bill - but her point was valid. Dragging RFK into it... well that was just not smart of her to do so. But she's correct in her thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, you mean financial markets don't directly respond to election results? I thought that clearly when considering all current and potential future earnings you had to factor in a 5% Democrat penalty and a 40,000% Bush bonus to make Ludlow's Goldilocks economy work.

    ReplyDelete