Monday, May 12, 2008

Checking In

As I don't have a great number of long, coherent thoughts to string together, I'll hit you with a few things that have been on my mind recently:

- If you watch enough basketball on TNT, you'll eventually convince yourself that the TBS original programming that's advertised every ad break might actually be worth watching. I won't go so far as to say that it actually is worth watching, and I'm fairly certain I never will watch it, but "The Bill Engvall Show" et al seem... quirky. And I'm always convinced when I see the My Boys ads that it will be billed as "The White Tyler Perry's My Boys".

- I think HBO should seriously consider a channel dedicated entirely to their own promos. Here's one reason why:



Their previews and promos get me so pumped to watch TV, its scary. I'm pretty sure I could watch an hour of that and not get bored - I'm not going to lie, when I got home tonight a movie had just ended, so I kept it on the looping promos so i could hear it in the kitchen while I made myself dinner... and then continued to watch once I sat back down. Someone needs to bring this up to the folks at HBO.

- I never thought I'd watch this much basketball. Amazing what a good team can do for a fanbase.

- I don't really know why, but I'm addicted to this ad. I'm pretty sure I hate the song, and I'm also fairly certain that the actual video is pretty stupid. And I love every second of it when its put together.



- I don't agree with fouls in basketball. I hockey, if you commit a penalty, your team loses a player. In football, if you commit a penalty, your team loses yards. In both cases, instant replay generally shows a flagrant violation of the rules. Basketball? Eh. If you bump someone, you send them to the "foul line". Both sides of that equation are lame. I may be enjoying basketball more this year, but I'm still fairly sure it'd be better if it was played on ice with sticks and a puck...

- We've got a long weekend down the Cape coming up over the Memorial Day holiday. You can most likely expect my usual long rambling posts filled with assorted and sundry mirth and entertainment then... I apologize for the sparse posting since and in the interim...

No comments:

Post a Comment