Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Lou Dobbs, Wolf Blitzer, and Larry King. What's Not To Love. (Unless you're not into old dudes)

I've only watched CNN election coverage this time around, mainly because its the only one in HD, and what I really need when I watch election results is a TV that is just FULL of statistics. It almost makes me forget that Lou, Wolf, and the rest are giving me brain damage.
Case in point:
Lou Dobbs to second-tier-desk-middle-seat co-co-co-host. "Clinton currently holds a 50,000 vote lead in Texas, but that is by no means safe, now is it?"
Wow. What a statement. Let's not forget that all of the votes are cast, so it doesn't really matter what order they are counted in here. Because if we did that, we couldn't make a statement quite like that!
As for the battles:
Good for McCain. He finally got Huck out of the way. I think its best for all of us that we got rid of that guy - and that's the beautiful thing, pretty soon, no one will remember him. Well, we may not forget him entirely, but when I ask 8 years from now who took McCain to the 6th round in a fight between a bulldozer and a Nissan Versa, its going to take you a minute to remember. And then you'll just think to youtube, or google, or wikipedia, or zingbang it. (Don't you wish you knew what a zingbang was now? Too bad, you have to wait)
John King versus the creepy "Magic TV Screen". Oh, John is the master of this thing. He can zoom in on a county in Texas faster than I can type Mississippi. Or even Missouri. I wonder if they let him take it home with him to practice on the off-nights. Or maybe they just tell him to play with an IPhone.
Clinton versus Momentum, Barack versus Rhetoric. Oh, he just kills me. The pundits were proud of him for making more policy statements than usual. I'm pretty sure on the other hand that he's still making the same speech that he did in the summer of 2004 - yup, we get it Obama, you'd be swell. And I have to say, after listening to Hillary for a little while, she makes some sense once she takes it down a notch - her painfully shrill excited voice is just unbearable; her new campaign strategy should be to keep an excitement level just between keeping a pulse and Joe Buck calling a football game...

Well, Meghan said I was a fair-weather fan when it came to this campaign, that I didn't care now that the bigger races were over. I hope that I've been able to prove her wrong by putting her to sleep with this diatribe. So it goes. I'm off to get my Larry King on. Uhm, nevermind. Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment