Monday, March 3, 2008

A Bit More About Meghan's Brunch

So if you read ADITLOM (aka mdl.b.c) on a regluar basis, you'll know by now that we went to Sunday Brunch yesterday at the Cheesecake Factory. There is some dispute (read: Meghan thought this was brilliant while I thought I was asleep. She apparently was right, as she woke me up for this) as to whether this would be a good idea, but in the end it was; I had some really good Eggs Benedict (obviously as a Good St. A's boy I stayed away from the Eggs Franciscan), and Meghan had the best fusion of Mexican and Breakfast that I've ever seen.
And while I do love overpriced, overhyped brunch, my heart lies with breakfast. Real, honest to goodness breakfast. Like, breakfast diner type breakfast.
Growing up I loved going to Timoleons in Keene - I went there (or alternatively to one of the two Friendly's that Keene has) every Saturday morning with my dad, and I would always order French Toast with a side of Bacon. You may not be aware of this, but its pretty much the best food ever. You should try it sometime. Especially at Timoleons.
Nowadays, I love going down to the Cape on the weekends, and I love going to Betsy's Diner for breakfast. Its definately what you expect when you hear the name, with old school styling (mainly because it was decorated, you know, during the old school... or something), and the sort of angry at the world wait staff that just makes you want another cup of coffee.
While thinking about this, I was reminded of something that Matt had mentioned to me recently (though at the time I think we were talking about rap artists and Andrew Laney, so I don't know how my mind wandered here) - but I ended up at the blog that he had mentioned - Stuff White People Like. Once I read #36, I just about broke down in tears. Yup, its funny 'cause its true.
Anyway, to steal one of Meghan's tricks, I'm going to link it. For now. So long as they promise in turn to add Stuff White People Like to the list of Stuff White People Like.

1 comment:

  1. Eggs Franciscan will give you food poisoning. That' what I heard, anyway.

    Is Betsy's the place on the Cape where I crashed breakfast with your groomsmen? That was a fantastic place, though it is the place that birthed the CD Ian Wouldn't Stop Listening To For A Solid 6 Months. So, have mixed feelings about it, honestly.

    ReplyDelete