Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Few Random Musings to Keep My Link on Meghan's Blog

I don't get into the politics much - I'm not very good at it, I kind of fall asleep with it, and aside from Jean Shaheen's mullet, they're all a little too slick for me (seriously, that thing is out of control...), but I have loved the train wreck that is the McCain campaign.
Ok, we use "train wreck" a little too often. What he's doing is far more creative than a run-of-the-mill saying (such as run-of-the-mill); its more like taking your friend hunting, and then accidentally shooting your friend, even though it was a controlled environment where no one should have gotten hurt... and that friend is secretly your chance of winning the presidency, and what your shooting yourself with is a gun full of saying that you'd appoint Alan Greenspan to do your dirty work "dead or alive"...

Yep, I just managed to break out a reference that would only have been funny 18 months ago, except it wouldn't have been because it had already been beaten (or shot) to death.

But at least my joke is somewhat recent. McCain referenced Weekend at Bernies... weekend at bernies??? Really Senator? Weak. How about this - how about you get in the Way Back Machine, go back to 2000, and actually have a shot at the presidency. On the plus side, I liked you back then. Now I'm starting to realize that I'm I don't want to vote for some Commie Bastard Democrat, I'm going to have to vote for a puppy killer like Mitty. (ok, so the puppy didn't actually die, from what I hear, he liked the roof...)

I want to go back to 2000. I want to have the excitement of the 2000 election again - I want the chance to replace a good president with a potentially good president - not replace a Shi-tacular president with anyone, anyone else.

Ask yourself, where are we going? Were are we going with Mit? Or Junior Clinton? Are you satisfied with them for them, or for being someone else?

This is why I don't do the politics thing. Because I'm not satisfied, but if you're comfortably numb with all of this, more power to you. Now to get to the stuff that actually matters...


Favorite "Office" Line of the Night:
"He smells like what I think Pierce Brosnan would smell like" - Andy

Favorite Line This Weekend:
Dallas -10 @ Buffalo on Monday night. I smell a blow out... and some delicious wings.

Take the Under:
BC versus Bowling Green - the over/under is 57... BC hasn't looked that good so far. And I smell some delicious wings... God I want wings right now...

My guess for the playoffs, knowing tonight what I didn't know two nights ago:
Cleveland over NYY
Boston over Anaheim
Colorado over Phili
Arizona over Chicago

Boston over Cleveland
Colorado over Arizona

Colorado over Boston



Just seeing if you were paying attention.

Boston over Colorado

there, that's better.

An Open Letter Re: the NHL
Dear professional hockey,
I don't miss you anymore. I would say this makes me sad, but it doesn't. I don't miss the sadness you bring either. Good bye (until I have my eventual change of heart... No Andrew, be strong... but I know I'll go back, and it knows I will too... Walk away, Andrew, its time to move on... NO! NO!!!... Yes. It is your destiny. Let's Go Celtics.... Meep!!!).
Warmest Regards,
Your only fan

PS, when you get to hell, say hi to Jeremy Jacob's soul for me.

Resistance is Futile - Trying is Futiler:
My Halo 3 online playing line, through this week:
57 Kills, 64 Deaths. K/D ratio: .89
Unofficial Indian Name: Runs-With-Scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment