Saturday, June 16, 2007

Sublog: Food I Ate Recently - Part I: DD In Falmouth

Ok, I'm immediately starting to regret the decision to name this sublog "Food I Ate Recently"... at the time it was catchy because it was the antithesis of all of the other sublog names that I came up with on the fly (but worked quite nicely), however on its own it rates at about a -12 on the originality and interestingality scales. I'll take suggestions for new names for it, but right now I'm already leaning towards "The Double Bacon Cheeseburger of Regret".
At any rate, I want to discuss my coffee. As I think I've mentioned in this space before, I have somewhat of an addition to my coffee.
I won't recall the entire affair, but essentially a couple of summers ago the Saturday/Sunday am dunkies run replaced getting up at the ass crack of dawn to go out on the boat... back in the day I saw dunkies as a great excuse for a chocolate milk and a muffin. Coffee never really entered my routine. This is roughly the same time that I was working 11 hours a day answering phones for Fidelity... though the pay was low and the hours were bad, they did do one thing for me - provide free coffee. Usually 2 16 oz coffees would get me though the morning. I only wish i were kidding.
Well, the need for coffee transferred to my weekends when we'd make the dunkies run. I started getting an iced french vanilla. This was quite good. I was, well addicted... but only on the weekends.

We'll get into my now daily stops at dunkies on the way into work later, but this is really where the dunkies addiction began. You might notice that this particular location gets a "One Star Out of Five"... i'm not entirely sure its that bad, but it doesn't make the best coffee in the world. It was this weekend however the white trash capital of the world, I was a little scared.
Just a little background - this is the only DD for a few miles around. It is PACKED on the weekends - sure, lots of dunkies are packed, but this one is especially nasty because its usually annoying vacationers that aren't patient because they a) have a large order as they seem to travel in large packs and b) they want to get to the beach. A side note, on the far left side of the map, below the Rt. 28 symbol, is the location of the old Jakes Tap. I never went to this fine establishment, but you'll all be glad to hear that it is being replaced with a large, state of the coffee, drive through DD that is sure to clog the road into eternity... but I promise you I will face it its general direction every time I get on my mat to kneel and pray.
Well, that's the general story about the dunkies. I know that you usually come to this place for my witty and irreverent humor, and I haven't really come through for you on this post - but know one thing. I take my coffee seriously. It is no joking matter.
That's why I'm so disappointed with DD for ruining my experience by joining forces with the evil one... no, not George Steinbrenner, Rachael Ray. I mentioned it the other night, but in case you didn't realize how disheartening this could be, take a look at the photo I took while in line... this could ruin any good coffee:

1 comment:

  1. Things could be worse. SOOOO much worse. For example, you could live in a state where The Terminator is your govenor, and Dunkies just plain, flat-out DOES NOT EXIST. I would sit through an entire episode of 30 Minute Meals, and The Evil One could personally serve me my coffee, and that would STILL beat not having it AT ALL. So, yes, I'll take your white trash dunkies any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

    ReplyDelete