Friday, August 29, 2008

DC Day 2 - The Yeungling Effect

After a pitcher of Yeungling, I'm posting a little late, and I'll have to make this brief. Here's a recap of day 2:
- Apparently it rains in Washington.
- When you walk out the door, and you've checked the forecast, and it says rain, and you're outside, and it is lightly raining, this is generally a sign you should buy an umbrella, or two. Most people would take that sign and stop at the local CVS... not hop on the train.
- Getting to Nat Geo in the rain? Not very fun.
- There aren't enough Dunkies around here, and not nearly enough near me.
- Nat Geo. I'm disappointed in you. Not because the exhibit wasn't cool, but I was just expecting a lot more!
- Red Line, Green Line, Yellow Line, Orange Line, Blue Line, they all make the same stops it seems. Just get on a train.
- OK well its not that simple, but it seems it at times.
- Went to an authentic Mexican restaurant for lunch. Cows tongue and grasshoppers on the menu. You'll be shocked to find out that I had a chicken taco.
- Congress, its not just for congressmen anymore. Apparently they have congressladies these days too. Interesting tour. Kind of. Meghan was disappointed with the tour, but I like that it was brief.
- Newseum? She wanted me to go into a place called a Newseum? Well, it was very cool. Check out the better half's blog for more details.
- Found a sports bar for dinner. It was fab, and I got to have Red Hook, which is always a bonus. Red Hook in DC! Who knew!
- And then there's that pitcher of Yeungling in the hotel bar last night... well, lets just put it this way, after a few glasses, Obama almost seemed appealing to me... and not just politically...

No comments:

Post a Comment